Thursday, November 6, 2008

Back on the Wagon

I am very excited as I think I am finally back on the wagon. For those who know me, I can really be a bit obsessive about running- once I'm on a kick I hate even missing a day (even if I am working a 24 hr shift) and I am OCD about how far I go, how hard I run, etc... I even wore a calorie counter for several months- I know it sounds strange but I love numbers and it is really fun to see how well I've done and compare each day! It even made me more diligent with housework as I discovered that constant cleaning, like dishes, laundry, or scrubbing the floor are nearly effective as running. To add to my delight there is truly no more beautiful place to run than here in Seattle- if you haven't tried it you really should try the Magnolia Bluff- start with Discovery Park, run along the bluff looking out over the Puget Sound, Mount Rainier, and finally the City- absolutely breathtaking! (I know, I sound like a commercial encouraging Seattle tourism)

Unfortunately, the last few months have been a bit lax (okay extremely lax!) I don't feel great when I am like that, physically or mentally.

Thankfully, my wonderful Airlift sister Nicole (people who don't know us well get us confused and think we are sisters- I'm complimented but really neither of us can see it), has helped me get back on track with a jog at Green Lake on Tuesday- It felt great!! I can feel my obsession returning (this better stick!) Yeah!!

3 comments:

HJ Pritchard said...

Jaime! I'm so proud of you for updating your blog... you are doing better than both me and Rebekah!!!

Ok, you can get on the band wagon now, but you better fall off by Christmas!!!! I can't have you counting your protein during the Holidays now can I!

HJ Pritchard said...

ummm... you haven't updated you blog since yesterday! Come on Jaime, get on it!

purplebleeder said...

I find myself "back on the Wagon" all the time!!!!! Hmmmm...it would be nice if I was just "on the wagon" though:(