Friday, November 28, 2008

A Patriotic Turkey??

I don't know how he did it but my brother Heath has managed to orchestrate a full on insurrection from nearly 5000 miles away. (He must be so pleased with himself!) The family was perfectly happy (even excited) about our Thanksgiving dinner consisting of going out for Ethiopian food then returning home for our favorite part- homemade pies- something we tried last year and really enjoyed (Heath too!)


It was all set until Dad came home after talking to Heath. Somehow Heath had managed to fill his mind with words like "tradition", "patriotism", "secular society", and "liberal left-wing media" I don't really know how any of these terms specifically relate to a turkey but suddenly Dad now felt it his civic duty to cook a turkey. (I wish I had pointed out that even George W. pardoned the turkeys.)


I almost had him back on the Ethiopian track with talk of the "melting pot" and such but I pushed it too far and he got stubborn and dug his heels in (I know, where do his kids get it from!) So plans changed and a traditional Thanksgiving meal it was- and I have to admit, it was pretty good!



The joke, however, is on Heath. We were actually planning on saving the traditional meal for when he got back in town but it is already done. Hope Ethiopian sounds good for Christmas Heath! Yummmm....

5 comments:

purplebleeder said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yum that Ethiopian food looks trey bien! Poor Heath, no home made rolls (we do have pictures though Heath - I will post them tonight!)

Pritchard Family of 3 said...

Happy Late Thanksgiving!!! We are planning on doing Santa on the 13th Sat. You should get the day off so you can go too. We miss you guys like crazy and one day we will get together soon. Take care!

HJ Pritchard said...

Haha... that's funny. I did tell Dad that Ethiopian wasn't very American! I didn't realize how far he'd take it though!

We should go Ethiopian for New Years!

Oh, and Rebekah, you have 24 hours to update your blog otherwise I'm going on strike again (and Jaime, you should join in)!

HJ Pritchard said...

I was about to update my blog but then I realized that Rebekah still hasn't updated hers. As PM, I can't go back on an ultimatum and it has already been 24 hours...

...looks like I'm officially on strike again!

HJ Pritchard said...

Jaime! You haven't updated your blog since last month. That's unacceptable. Pretty soon, I might have to start calling you 'Rebekah'.

:)